The Division of Nephrology at Washington University School of Medicine in St. Louis is seeking to hire a full-time Clinician-Educator Nephrologist at the Assistant or Associate Professor level.
The selected candidate will join a thriving Division under the leadership of the Director of Nephrology, Benjamin Humphreys, MD, PhD, Joseph Friedman Professor of Renal Diseases in Medicine.
The successful applicant will join our team as a full-time clinician with teaching responsibilities and will enjoy a variety of opportunities for career development and to receive mentorship.
We provide the full spectrum of nephrology care, including inpatient consultative services at Barnes Jewish Hospital, a 1300-bed tertiary/quaternary care referral hospital, outpatient services including specialty clinics, transplant and dialysis care including a large home modalities program. Our Division is a recognized leader in both adult and pediatric nephrology and is consistently named one of the best renal programs in the country by U.S. News & World Report.
The candidate selected will receive a faculty appointment to Washington University consistent with their credentials. A generous salary and benefits package will be available for the appropriate candidate.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, protected veteran, or disability status. Read more about our Division here.
Requirements and Essential Functions
- Board Certified/Board Eligible Nephrology
- Successful completion of Nephrology Fellowship
- Desire and ability to participate in Nephrology patient care duties in both inpatient and outpatient facilities. Locations include Barnes Jewish Hospital and surrounding clinics.
- Participating in the education of residents, fellows, and medical students.
- Applicants should include a letter of interest.
- Prior Nephrology attending experience is preferred but not required.
- This is not a J1 waiver position.
- Dr. Benjamin Humphreys: email@example.com
- Jean Smith: firstname.lastname@example.org
- See the American Socety of Nephrology career site; Job ID 69481877