The Journal of Graduate Medical Education (JGME) has recognized Patricia Kao, MD, MS, MHPE, Associate Professor in the Division of Nephrology, as one of the journal’s 2022 Outstanding Reviewers.
JGME is the peer-reviewed journal of the Accreditation Council for Graduate Medical Education. Editorially independent, the journal is open access and does not charge authors for submissions or publication. The journal is committed to inform, engage and improve the quality of graduate medical education.
Every year, JGME honors select reviewers to acknowledge their contribution of time, energy, and expertise in providing critiques and feedback to editors and authors of their articles. Dr. Kao was recognized as a 2022 Outstanding Reviewer, one who reviewed four or more papers in the past year and had an average reviewer rating of ≥ 80, and/or reviewed at least 1 paper in the past year with a reviewer rating of 95 to 100. See JGME’s official “thank you” to their 2022 reviewers here.
Since joining WashU Nephrology in 2016, Kao has built an extensive list of accomplishments in medical education, most notably being the creator and Director of the Washington University Teaching Physician Pathway (WUTPP). With the support of the prestigious Carol B. and Jerome T. Loeb Teaching Fellowship (2017-2019), she designed and pioneered the WUTPP program and curriculum, which provides residents and fellows who are interested in medical education with the opportunity for in-depth professional development as clinical educators.
Learn more about Dr. Kao’s achievements in the following WashU Nephrology News articles:
- Nephrologist Patricia Kao Receives Inaugural Academy of Educators Exemplary Educator Award
- WashU Nephrologists Patricia Kao, Timothy Yau, Steven Cheng, Tingting Li and Seth Goldberg Receive Academy of Educators Inaugural Honor Roll Awards
- Drs. Yau, Cheng, Goldberg, Kao and Ross to be Honored at Distinguished Service Teaching Award Ceremony
- Dr. Patricia Kao Receives AAIM Educational Innovation Grant
- Patricia Kao, MD, Awarded Carol B. and Jerome T. Loeb Teaching Fellowship
- Nephrology Well-Represented at Academy of Educators Induction