- Associate Program Director for Clinical Research and Career Development
- Director, Glomerular Diseases and Vasculitis Clinic
Patients seen at
- Physical Address: 4921 Parkview Place, Saint Louis, MO, United States
- Mailing Address: 4921 Parkview Place
Suite C, 5th Floor
St. Louis, MO 63110
- Phone: 314-362-7603
- Fax: 314-747-2460
- Physical Address: 4950 Childrens Place, Saint Louis, MO, United States
- Mailing Address: 4950 Children’s Place
St. Louis, MO 63110
- Phone: 314-362-7209
- Fax: 314-362-7232
- Physical Address: 4205 Forest Park Avenue, St. Louis, MO, USA
- Mailing Address: 4205 Forest Park Avenue
St. Louis, MO 63108
- Fax: 314-286-0855
Dr. Li in the News
- 2020 Translational Innovation Grant Awarded to Drs. Sanjay Jain and Tingting Li
- Dr. Tingting Li Joins Fellowship Leadership Program as Associate Program Director for Clinical Research and Career Development
- Tingting Li Receives Nathan Hellman Memorial Teaching Award in Nephrology
- Tingting Li and Frank O’Brien Receive Inaugural Clinical Innovation Grants
- CJASN Podcast Hosts Dr. Tingting Li and Co-authors to Discuss Monocyte Count and CKD Publication
- MS in Clinical Investigation, Washington University in St. Louis, 2018
- Fellowship, Nephrology: Barnes-Jewish Hospital, Washington University School of Medicine, St. Louis, MO (2002-2005)
- Residency, Internal Medicine: Barnes-Jewish Hospital, Washington University School of Medicine, St. Louis, MO (1999-2002)
- MD: School of Medicine and Biomedical Sciences, State University of New York at Buffalo, Buffalo, NY (1995-1999)
- BA, Biology, summa cum laude: New York University, New York, NY (1994)
- Nephrology, 2006, 2016
- Internal Medicine, 2002
Best Doctors in America, US News and World Report
2014 – 2015
Award for Excellence in Teaching in the Field of Nephrology
1995 – 1999
Commendation from the Dean
1990 – 1994
Phi Beta Kappa
Summa Cum Laude Graduate, New York University
Dean’s List (all semesters)
Dean’s Leadership Circle (society for academic excellence)
Wortiz Biological Prize (highest prize in Biology)
Alumni Association Award
United Federation of Teachers Scholarship
Chronic kidney disease; acute kidney injury; electrolyte disorders; glomerulonephritis, lupus nephritis, vasculitis, proteinuria, hematuria, high blood pressure, hemodialysis vascular access, hemodialysis, peritoneal dialysis
Glomerulonephritis, nephrotic syndrome; lupus nephritis, ANCA-associated vasculitis, membranous nephropathy, focal segmental glomerulosclerosis, amyloidosis; hemodialysis vascular access
Anitha Vijayan, Rowena Delos Santos, Tingting Li, Charles Goss, and Paul Palevsky. Effect of frequent dialysis on renal recovery: results from the Acute Renal Failure Trial Network Study. Kidney International Reports, 2018. doi:10.1016/j.ekir.2017.11.018.
Yan Xie, Benjamin Bowe, Tingting Li, Hong Xian, Yan Yan, and Ziyad Al-Aly. Blood Urea Nitrogen and the Risk of Incident Diabetes Mellitus. Kidney International, 2017. Doi: 10.1016/j.kint.2017.08.033.
Benjamin Bowe, Yan Xie, Tingting Li, Yan Yan, Hong Xian, and Ziyad Al-Aly. Ambient Coarse Particulate Matter, Nitrogen Dioxide, Carbon Monoxide and the Risk of Kidney Disease. The Lancet Planetary Health, 2017: 1 (7): e267-e276.
Benjamin Bowe, Yan Xie, Tingting Li, Yan Yan, Hong Xian, and Ziyad Al-Aly. Particulate Matter Air Pollution and the Risk of Incident Chronic Kidney Disease and Progression to End Stage Renal Disease. Journal of the American Society of Nephrology 2017. doi: 10.1681/ASN.2017030253.
Yan Xie, Benjamin Bowe, Tingting Li, Hong Xian, Yan Yan, and Ziyad Al-Aly. Excess Risk of Death among Users of Proton Pump Inhibitors: A longitudinal observational cohort study of United States Veterans. BMJ Open 2017;7:e015735. doi:10.1136/ bmjopen-2016-015735.
Yan Xie, Benjamin Bowe, Tingting Li, Hong Xian, Yan Yan, and Ziyad Al-Aly. Long Term Kidney Outcomes among Proton Pump Inhibitors Users without Intervening Acute Kidney Injury. Kidney International 2017: 91(6):1482-1494.
Benjamin Bowe, Yan Xie, Hong Xian, Tingting Li, and Ziyad Al-Aly. Association between Monocyte Count and Risk of Incident Chronic Kidney Disease and Progression to End Stage Renal Disease. Clinical Journal of the American Society of Nephrology 2017: 12(4): 603-613.
Tingting Li, Yan Xie, Benjamin Bowe, Hong Xian, and Ziyad Al-Aly. Serum Phosphorus Levels and Risk of Incident Dementia. PLoS One 2017: 12(2):e0171377. doi:10.1371.
Fahad Edrees, Tingting Li, and Anitha Vijayan. Prolonged Intermittent Renal Replacement Therapy. Advances in Chronic Kidney Disease 2016: 23(3): 195-202.
Yan Xie, Benjamin Bowe, Tingting Li, Hong Xian, Sumitra Balasubramanian, and Ziyad Al-Aly. Proton pump inhibitors and risk of incident CKD and progression to ESRD. Journal of the American Society of Nephrology 2016: 27: 3153
Anitha Vijayan, Tingting Li, Adrianna Dusso, Sanjay Jain, and Daniel Coyne. Relationship of 1,25 dihydroxy vitamin D levels to clinical outcomes in critically ill patients with acute kidney injury. Journal of Nephrology and Therapeutics 2015: 5:190
Tingting Li and Anitha Vijayan. Insulin for treatment of hyperkalemia: A double-edged sword? Clinical Kidney Journal 2014: 7(3): 239-241
Tingting Li, Kameswaran Surendran, Mona Zawaideh, Suresh Mathew, and Keith Hruska. Bone morphogenetic protein 7: a novel treatment for chronic renal and bone disease. Current Opinion in Nephrology and Hypertension 2004: 13: 417-422