The annual award is given to a faculty member selected by our Division’s fellows. The recipient receives an inscribed plaque and a cash award to support professional development.
The teaching award was established in 2018 through a generous donation from former WashU nephrology fellow Richard Hellman, MD, and his wife, Patricia, in memory of their son, Nathan E. Hellman, who earned his MD/PhD at WashU. After completing his residency at University of Pennsylvania, Nathan began his nephrology training at the Massachusetts General Hospital Joint Nephrology Fellowship Program in 2007. Nathan was completing his nephrology research fellowship and was to be appointed a faculty member when he passed away from complications due to a stroke on February 13, 2010. He was 36 years old.
Li has a strong background in clinical research and is the Director of our Glomerular Disease Clinic. She is the organizer and Course Chair of the upcoming inaugural Glomerular Diseases Symposium: An Update on Disease Mechanisms and Management, to be held on Saturday, September 9, 2023, at the Eric P. Newman Education Center. The in-person, day-long event will feature leading glomerular disease experts highlighting recent advances in disease mechanisms and treatment of various glomerular diseases. See here for more information on the symposium.
Read more about Dr. Li’s accomplishments in our WashU Nephrology News:
- Dr. Tingting Li to Chair Inaugural WashU Nephrology Glomerular Diseases Symposium
- WashU Nephrologists Patricia Kao, Timothy Yau, Steven Cheng, Tingting Li and Seth Goldberg Receive Academy of Educators Inaugural Honor Roll Awards
- WashU Nephrologists Tingting Li and Anitha Vijayan to Serve on ASN Committees
- 2020 Translational Innovation Grant Awarded to Drs. Sanjay Jain and Tingting Li
- Dr. Tingting Li Joins Fellowship Leadership Program as Associate Program Director for Clinical Research and Career Development
- Tingting Li Receives Nathan Hellman Memorial Teaching Award in Nephrology
- Tingting Li and Frank O’Brien Receive Inaugural Clinical Innovation Grants