Sanjay Jain, MD, PhD, Associate Professor of Medicine and Pathology, Division of Nephrology and renal pathologist Joseph Gaut, MD, PhD, Associate Professor, Pathology & Immunology, are co-authors of the newly released, 3rd edition of Diagnostic Pathology: Kidney Diseases (Colvin and Chang, Elsevier; ISBN #9780323661089). The book is part of the highly regarded Elsevier’s Diagnostic Pathology series, and covers all aspects of common and rare renal diseases and their variants.
The easy-to-use, point-of-care reference book presents major pathological, clinical, pathophysiological and genetic information for more than 240 diagnoses, making it the ideal resource for pathologists and nephrologists.
Dr. Jain contributed nine chapters to the book. “The approach here is to provide a concise and structured view of kidney pathology, molecular and genetic mechanisms with heavy emphasis on annotated illustrations of common and rare kidney pathology,” says Jain. “My chapters focused on molecular pathology and genetics of normal and abnormal kidney development and resulting kidney pathologies including obstructive and reflux nephropathy.”
Key features of the 3rd edition include:
- New content with over 20 new chapters
- Updated and validated pathologic classifications systems
- More than 3,300 outstanding, annotated images,
- Time-saving reference features
- Internationally recognized authors, many new to this edition
- Enhanced eBook version included with purchase allows access all of the text, figures, and references from the book on a variety of devices
The book’s 2nd edition was awarded First Prize in the British Medical Associations (BMA) annual Medical Book Awards in 2016.